Project Service, Inc. (PSI) is currently seeking applicants for a Full Time Forklift/On-Site Truck Operator in the Escanaba, MI area. Starting pay $19.00/hour. Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K and paid holidays/vacation. Must pass background check and drug test.
Job Summary: Employees will operate forklift and transfer trucks to distribute on site refuse dumpsters to various mill locations. In turn, employees will empty dumpsters using forklifts and transfer equipment, into a central collection location and from there, transfer the refuse to the on-site landfill.
- Ability to lift at least 35 lbs. to 100 lbs.
- Able to work in extreme weather (hot and cold), high heat, high humidity and dusty environments
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work overhead
- Full physical mobility in regards to physically reaching, stretching, kneeling, bending, walking, twisting, hearing and vision.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum Class “B” CDL preferred.
- Ability to pass testing to hold certificates and operate forklifts and other moving vehicles or equipment safely in an industrial setting with high equipment and pedestrian traffic areas.
- Employee must demonstrate a strong work ethic, be dependable and flexible on and off all shifts.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- Self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Must pass drug test
- Must pass criminal background check
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an “At Will” employee
Disclaimer: This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by persons within this job classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties required to perform the job. Additional duties may be required to perform the job effectively.