Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Internal Controls and Compliance Department is responsible for maintaining guidelines and standards for compliance across a number of regulatory requirements. The IT Audit and Controls (ITAC) team provides specific and comprehensive compliance for all applicable internal IT infrastructure and financial business systems that are relied upon for financial reporting. Further, this team is responsible for coordinating with external auditors to ensure regulatory requirements are being met.
In this role, the primary task is to audit and determine comprehensive compliance for all applicable internal IT infrastructure and financial business systems that are relied upon for financial reporting. Audits will be in the pursuit of auditing and enforcing compliance to regulatory requirements. Further, the IT Auditor is responsible for coordinating with external auditors to ensure regulatory requirements are being met.
The IT Auditor is responsible for providing insight, guidance, and support to maintain and/or update audit processes through the understanding of technical systems and processes within a regulated environment. As such, a high degree of judgment, ability to work within undefined "gray areas," evaluate risks, and provide sound advice are critical components of an effective IT Auditor.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain guidelines and standards for IT compliance, compliance documentation, and compliance testing
- Be a source of expertise for IT controls and procedure definition, training, auditing, guidance and corrective action programs
- Monitor regulatory and industry trends with regard to auditing of infrastructure, business applications and related processes
- Maintain and store compliance documentation and evidence
- Support the periodic testing of business system application functionality
- Maintain Internal Control SOX Portal data
- Consult as required to the efficacy of proposed IT controls design
- Coordinate control activities with Internal Controls Department
- Regularly interface and coordinate with the external auditors
- Network with other Regulatory Compliance professionals through active participation in professional societies such as the ISACA
- Identify, evaluate and monitor risk and business benefit to make appropriate decisions
- Maintain appropriate experience and training levels to conduct audit and assessment activities
- Follow up on Internal Audit management action items
- Bachelor's degree preferably in an IT field such as Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar (an accounting degree is acceptable if accompanied by IT Audit experience).
- 1+ years applicable working experience, which should include 1+ years of industry, regulatory, public accounting, or information technology experience
- Must include experience with IT controls - computer systems validation knowledge and experience working in a qualified/validated environment (financial / audit experience only is insufficient)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification is recommended or willingness to pursue during employment
- Understanding of regulations/guidelines concerning Sarbanes Oxley controls along with a familiarity with industry guidance such as COBIT is required
- Ability to advocate for controls processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to scrutinize decisions to ensure best practices and execution of critical processes and compliance efforts
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal error and guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and relationship building with internal and external teams
Experience with the following will set you apart from others:
- Experience with a SAP and auditing SAP
- Knowledge/experience in operations environment
- Master's degree in IT or Accounting field
- Strong ability to understand and explain issues to non-technical staff
- Previous experiencing in designing controls
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.