*Primary Location: *600 Will Carleton Rd, Carleton, MI, USA
*Division: *Cox Automotive
*Job Level: *Individual Contributor
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *202000959
This position facilitates the
resolution of customer complaints (includes all vehicles and online
transactions) after a sale and is responsible for the timely and successful
arbitration of vehicles between buyer and seller in accordance with auction and
NAAA policies. This position also requires organization and management of sale
day activities including post sale inspections and sale day arbitrations.
* Review customer complaints and mechanic reports about vehicle condition.
* Inspect vehicle to determine extent of repairs, if any, and authorize second opinion, if necessary.
* Advise customers of Auction policy and the complaint and arbitration process and facilitate the resolution/negotiation between the two parties.
* Mediate dispute and negotiate repair and/or pricing of disputed vehicles in order to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution and in an effort to keep vehicles sold.
* Have awareness of and resolve after-sale problems, such as issues with title, mileage, frame damage, etc.
* Monitor and maintain accurate files for each arbitration case, and interact with Auction sales personnel regarding information on vehicle sales, etc.
* Act as a liaison with federal and state authorities regarding odometer rollbacks, salvage vehicles, etc.
* Promote the Auction and its services with customers to gain additional business including, but not limited to, post sale inspections.
* Review customer claims to verify that they meet Manheim's National Arbitration policies and any account-specific guidelines; make/advise on financial decisions regarding arbitrations.
* Interface with all departments involved in the complaint including the fact finding and investigative phases.
* Screen and input all qualified vehicles for post-sale inspection.
* Inform buyers and sellers on the process, cost, and timing for completion of all PSI or buyer claims.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or
Minimum of 3-5 years of
automotive, mechanical or body shop experience with complaint recording and
Valid Driver s License
and safe driving record required.
Strong verbal and
written communication and organization skills required.
Effective report writing
and composition skills preferred.
Working knowledge of
federal and state laws regarding arbitration of vehicles.
Regularly required to
stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to
stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, and climb.
Ability to lift 1-20
We are the Cox family of businesses. We ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions Cox Communications and Cox Automotive are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Employer's Job# 202000959
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.