Founded in 1972, Skytron, LLC is a family owned, private company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions for healthcare. We pride ourselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know our overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts. We continuously strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes, comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program and company gym.
Summary: The Shop Technician contributes to the efforts of the team by being able to repair, assemble, and diagnose problems with all Skytron equipment. The individual will provide input and report to the shop team leader on accuracy, inventory levels, suggestions or improvements, safety compliance and operational efficiencies. Technicians are also responsible for representing the company's core values and ensuring the highest possible quality of product.
- Responsible for the repair of all Skytron equipment, both new and used.
- Prepares equipment for shipment to customers, this includes the crating of product and ensuring it is properly labeled.
- Completes tasks deemed necessary by supervisors, including but not limited to, building table pendants, assisting with boom builds and QC incoming products.
- Cleans showrooms daily, setting equipment in proper location, wiping down all stainless, testing equipment to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Assists with the setup of classrooms and other facility related tasks.
- Job Specific Knowledge: Capably handles required administrative functions such as document processing, report compilation and project management. Understands and competently operates mechanical devices, machinery and equipment. Has a working knowledge of mechanical procedures, functions, and uses. Follows product and work instructions. Knowledgeable with products, parts and processes.
- Quality of Work: Verifies work to ensure accurate results, requiring minimal rework. Follows work instructions, procedures, and company policies. Meets productivity standards, deadlines and project schedules. Handles high volume of workload.
- Interpersonal Communication & Teamwork: Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing; providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers. Seeks understanding, encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit. Works well within the team, and recognizes and values others.
- Adaptability/Autonomy/Dependability Internally motivated. Works well with little or no supervision. Maintains a productive schedule, timeline and goals. Maintains a positive attitude amidst change and pressure. Can be counted on when scheduling and when making staffing plans, especially during critical business times. Consistently punctual and dependable in attendance. Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior. Voluntarily assists others.
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with desire to further education relevant to job demands.
- Some experience with light mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics is desirable.
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP Systems is essential.
- Ability to obtain a hi lo and picker license
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.759.8766.