Description You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as a Intern Undergraduate and make both.
About this Opportunity
In a learning capacity, enhance current skills related to selected degree program while gaining exposure to daily operations and practical assignments. Apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem solving, and communications skills as projects and responsibilities are taken on to meet business needs.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Attains on-the-job work experience that is aligned with career objectives.
- Participates in cross-functional teamwork to complete intern project.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Performs tasks related to the degree program as assigned by the work team leader.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a 4-year bachelor's degree related to the internship position applied for and must be from an accredited college or university.
- Must be in favorable academic standing within current academic program or major.
- Ability to provide college transcripts upon request.
- Must have satisfactorily completed basic coursework in chosen degree program.
- College credit for participation (optional).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Temporary
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland