Description Herman Miller's Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As a Graphic Design Intern, you gain broad experience in professional graphic design as you provide design solutions and creative problem-solving expertise to internal business partners.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your responsibilities will include:
- Learning to work and innovate within an established design system
- Collaborating with Creative and Marketing teams to create materials in support of product launches
- Working on a key project under the direction of an Art Director
- Gaining exposure to creative art direction, including participating in photoshoots
- Engaging in the local design culture
- Gaining on-the-job work experience aligned with your career goals.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A strong portfolio showcasing work across a range of platforms and styles
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Experience with Sketch and HTML is a bonus
- Enrollment in and pursuit of a two-year Associate's degree or four-year Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You'll need a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your major) to qualify for consideration
- Favorable academic standing within your current academic program
- Authorization to work in the United States
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Temporary
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland