Manager Specialty Service Lines Procedural Suites - Cardiac Cath Lab * Days - 40 hrs/wk
An exempt position responsible for managing the daily operations of the Cardiovascular, Neurological and Interventional Radiology suites and nursing staff needs of the bronchoscopy suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current RN License in State of Michigan.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Minimum five years of professional nursing experience; ACLS certified
- Experience in Cath lab, NIR, or IR required
- Minimum of two years progressively higher supervisory-level experience; preferably in invasive cardiology
- Demonstrated experience of nursing proactive principles and techniques, occupational health and safety hazards and standards, and health care laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with budgetary, supervisory, human resources and quality-improvement principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles for employee development to ensure appropriate training and mentoring of staff.
- Expert skill in identifying problems, researching and recommending solutions.
- Extensive skill in developing and maintaining a high level of quality care/quality assurance.
- Proven skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making.
- Proficient ability to manage the overall provision of nursing services and build consensus among staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse individuals at all levels of the medical practice.
- Ability to demonstrate full range of motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements, and manages all activities to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyzes data on patient outcomes, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Oversee daily operations and delegate authority to appropriate staff.
- Oversee clinical care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- In support of the clinical coordinator of the respective area, serves as a key problem-solving resource for staff on patient and physician issues; studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care opportunities.
- Collaborates with director(s) and physician lead(s)on development and implementation of clinical department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget, quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Complies/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Analyzes staffing patterns. Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating staff.
- Purchasing and inventory control and oversight, including invoice resolution and approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned with regular and predictable attendance.
Requisition #: req2713
FTE status: 1