About this Opportunity
As a Catering Attendant, you'll assist the Food Service Manager and Chef with all aspects of dining and office operations, with the expected result of a flawless and memorable experience for internal and external clients.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Actively contribute to controlling product and labor expenses.
Assist with training new service crew members.
Demonstrate command of knowledge with service entrees for receptions and events.
Engage guests in conversation and create a personal connection.
Greet guests by name, host, and expertly serve meals per defined service standards.
Proactively address issues that could potentially impact our guests.
Set buffets, receptions, and all special events.
Support the Food Service Manager and Chef as required with daily operations.
Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED), or work experience which demonstrates performance competency
- Two or more years of college experience (preferred).
- Two years of fine dining service experience, including a broad knowledge of food and beverage and the ability to merchandise effectively to guests.
- The ability to train others in a service environment.
- Superior guest interaction skills including the ability to read the guest and adjust experience accordingly.
- The ability to deliver food service standards on a consistent basis.
- The ability to lift trays, serviceware, or supplies regularly, up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- A working knowledge of menu software and business office equipment (fax, copier, etc.).
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high-quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.