Company Description: Auxilio is here to help school districts. Across several categories, we provide specialized, expert management of the student environment, saving clients’ time and money to reinvest in the student experience.
Scope: The Custodian is responsible for the day-to-day cleaning, upkeep, and minor maintenance needs of assigned school facilities ensuring a clean environment for all students.
- Cleans assigned areas daily; clean furniture, fixtures, walls, windows, lockers, glass, display cases, partitions, light fixtures, floor mats and runners, dry mop/wash floors etc.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks and play areas, neat and clean always.
- Shovels and salts outside walkways and steps, as appropriate.
- Keeps all floors and corridors in a clean and attractive condition.
- Scrub, mop and disinfect toilets and lunchroom floors daily; clean sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Wash windows, both inside and outside, as necessary and weather permitting.
- Provide regular/orderly trash removal; empty trash cans daily and assist in keeping the grounds free from garbage.
- Aid in minor building repairs such as replacing light bulbs. Report major repairs and property damage to management.
- Responsible for closing the building; ensuring doors and windows are secured as well as turning off lights except lights left on for safety reasons.
- Vacuums/power cleans carpets and upholstered furnishings; spot clean stains.
- Moves/arranges furnishings, supplies and equipment as directed.
- Polish hardware such as handles, push/kick plates, handrails, and drinking fountains.
- Inform management about workplace concerns such as damaged equipment, leaks, noises, structural defects, unusual odors, etc.
- Notifies management when supply levels require replenishment.
- Follows Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) information. Ensures that materials are labeled/stored properly and seeks advice about product use or disposal procedures.
- Follows approved health and safety guidelines to clean up injuries involving chemicals, solvents, blood, body fluids and/or body tissues. Reports personal injuries that require treatment to management.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including local, state and federal laws and regulations. Attend safety, training and informational meetings.
- Protects district property and ensures assigned work areas are secured at the end of shift.
- Maintains a professional appearance and wears work attire appropriate for the position.
- Punctual; provides prompt notification to management of attendance delays or absences.
- Always adhere to FERPA regulations and remain confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver License required.
- Minimum 3 months of cleaning experience preferred.
- Subject to Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment preferred.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Ability to read basic operating instructions.
- Ability to cooperate with other staff members.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability and punctuality required.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in support of students and school operations.
- Ability to support school functions and community activities as deemed necessary.
- Ability to read and understand warning signs.
- Committed to a Safety Lifestyle.
The following physical demands are considerable balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing. Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes. Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemical irritants, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, loud sounds, moving mechanical parts and odors. Exposure to wet and/or slippery surfaces. Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases. Lifting, carrying and moving sometimes heavy work-related supplies or equipment up to 70 pounds. Performing strenuous or repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time. Working at various heights, confined spaces and/or in variable/diminished lighting.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cell Phone Plan Discount (AT&T)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Growing Company
Auxilio Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.