Magna Cosma is a subsidiary company of Magna International Inc., which is the most multi - diversed company of the automotive supply industry. Magna Cosma Int. is leading worldwide in sheet metal forming and has more than 19000 employees. We offer our global customers a comprehensive spectrum of body and chassis products as well as their development. Our product and service offers are supported by our competence in the areas of design, simulation, tooling, construction and global production near customers.
Cosma employs people with the ability to grow with us and are passionate about innovation in order to successfully support our global business.
This employee will work closely with Production, Tooling, Maintenance, and the Quality Department to ensure product quality and production/delivery requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Receiving Inspection or F/O, I/P, L/O, and other Containment inspection (GP-12, FPSC etc)
- for assigned processes
- Perform push-out, torque and other performance testing (excluding weld destruct)
- Follow related document control procedure for configured forms, legit completion, control of existing, storage of completed forms and archiving activities
- Basic SPC knowledge used to monitor in/out of control condition
- Follow procedure for containment of suspected product and processes and participate in assigned containment activities
- Use CMS system for reporting containment, determine traceability, scrap from destructive testing, scrap and effort for sort/rework activities
- Use computerized CR system for assigned containment activities
- Operate basic measuring and testing equipment (micrometer, vernier, digital indicator, protractor, etc) including specific checking and testing fixtures
- Use computer to issue, revise, close quality alerts and update existing Control cards and related QA forms for assigned processes
- Participate in calibration of assigned gages using Gage Track, coordinate or participate in GR&R and other PPAP related activities
- Perform other duties as designated
- Advanced: Advanced SPC knowledge used to calculate capability, control limits, data collection units/sheets
- Advanced: Operate assigned CMM (Brown & Sharp, LK etc) for basic measurements and CMM operator back-up purpose
- Advanced: Participate in development and maintenance of error proofing system in QA domain
- Advanced: Participate in sample preparation and weld penetration measurement
Desired Skills & Experience
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education or Equivalent
- Able to work scheduled overtime.
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to work flexible hours on short notice.
- Basic knowledge of Metrology
- Basic computer skills
- Self motivation and direction
- Time Management skills
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and use of measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators and height gauges)
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Previous exposure to Quality Assurance systems and requirements an asset
- Completion or enrollment in a Quality Technician Course from a Community or recognized college an asset
- Motivated, positive, strive for positive solution, use right method, verify and investigate any out of tolerance process, care about user’s options
- Trustworthy/reliable to complete tasks on time and timely escalate any obstacle
- Interpersonal, ability to listen, acknowledge concerns, provide explanation to resolve difficult situations with co-workers
Magna is a leading global automotive supplier with 296 manufacturing operations and 88 product development, engineering and sales centres in 26 countries. Our 115,000 employees are focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing. Our product capabilities include producing body, chassis, interiors, exteriors, seating, powertrain, electronics, mirrors, closures and roof systems and modules, as well as complete vehicle engineering and contract manufacturing. Our common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (MG) and the New York Stock Exchange (MGA). For further information about Magna, visit our website at www.magna.com.