At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities. Employees are our most valuable asset! If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
Consumer Loan Processor
Provides support to Retail Loan Department by performing a wide array of duties pertaining to retail loan products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares loan documentation for retail loan products including, but not limited to, Consumer Loans, Balloon Mortgages, and HELOCs.
- Coordinates and schedules closings.
- Performs pre-close quality review to ensure adherence to loan policy.
- Follows-up and processes post-closing documents and tickets.
- Reviews newly opened loans for documentation completeness, communicates with Lender to obtain missing documentation, and loads the file to Director.
- Processes documentation for paid off consumer notes.
- Prepares lien termination statements.
- Breaks down the paid files and prepare for archiving.
- Prepares thank-you letters for the customers.
- Monitors UCC filings including processing new filings, continuations, and terminations.
- Monitors consumer loan insurance.
- Monitors lien placements and prepares weekly lien placement report to be distributed to lenders.
- Assists with clearing file documentation exceptions.
- Takes telephone calls and provides resolutions to both external and internal customers.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
Mortgage File Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Monitors receipt of final mortgage title policies for all mortgage types.
- Prepares assignments and subordinations of mortgages for all mortgage types.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of the Bank's Customer Information System, Director, 360, LOS, Outlook, Microsoft Office Works (Word and Excel) and other appropriate tools/resources to efficiently and accurately perform the review function.
- Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and phone usage.
- Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach or extend hands and arms in any direction.
- May require using a ladder or stool.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.