We are recruiting for a Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement (CI) who will be a key member of our Executive Team responsible to implement and drive the Quality Management System and processes at all Company locations. The Director of Quality and CI sets the Quality vision and strategy for the company. The Director develops goals and metrics to support of company strategies. The Director of Quality and CI promotes a culture that is conducive to continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and provides direction to the Quality and EHS teams at all locations.
- Serves as the “Ambassador for Quality” for the Company.
- Establishes objectives, performance goals and metrics that support Company goals and strategies.
- Continually reviews customer requirements making recommended revisions to processes, tools and technology to meet customer needs.
- Coaches and directs their team to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external customers, driving improved customer service.
- Provides resources and recommendations for new product launches and new equipment.
- Participates in critical customer audits.
- Develops, implements, and maintains documents and procedures in compliance with industry standards.
- Facilitates training systems to ensure proper workforce development.
- Leads product and process improvement projects with Engineering, Contracts, Purchasing, and Production Teams.
- Provides Project Management direction for continuous improvement projects.
- Owns and improves the toll gate management process of product implementation and maturity.
- BS in Quality Engineering, Engineering, Continuous Improvement or similar.
- ASQ or CQE certification, strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Quality management role
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- In-depth understanding of applicable QA processes and methodologies
- Working knowledge and experience with AS,ISO, Nadcap and IPC requirements
- Deep understanding of quality improvement tools and statistical decision making methods
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methods and tools, strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well and coach team members
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time