Acara solutions is looking for Manufacturing Software Engineer for our Client located in Ann Arbor, MI
- The Manufacturing Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software and hardware for manufacturing equipment and assembly aids; setup, installation, networking, and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and computer systems that control the manufacturing equipment.
- The following statements of duties, responsibilities, frequency, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.
- These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of all personnel within this position.
- Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
- Designs, develops, and maintains software applications for manufacturing systems, manufacturing assembly aids, test control systems, and shipping systems.
- Software system architecture, design, coding, debugging, testing, verification and documentation for Windows forms applications, Benchtop robotic software applications, and Laser engraver software applications.
- Software integration of hardware subsystems including, but not limited to, data acquisition boards, serial interfaces, USB interfaces, Ethernet interfaces, digital cameras, and a variety of sensors.
- Support and troubleshooting of IT network infrastructure issues effecting manufacturing and test system environments and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of C, C#, .NET, SQL, assembly language programming and software configuration management systems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Windows Form programming environment and tools.
- Functional and object oriented paradigms for analysis, design and programming.
- Proven track record designing and delivering robust and resilient software systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing company installed systems.
- Create user manuals / documentation as necessary.
- Research supplier products for components and equipment.
- Develop, setup and maintain manufacturing infrastructure per requirements for new and legacy processes.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, evaluates time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines
- Suggests and implements continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cycle time, eliminate constraints, ensure production schedule compliance, and maintain / improve quality
- Analyzes and implements sequence of operations (line balancing) and specifies tools and process stream mapping, process flows, etc.
- Resolves production process problems using tools such as, fishbone diagrams, 5Y, and 8D
- Establishes poke yoke measures preventing reoccurring problems and issues
- Develops, compiles and presents key performance metrics
- Develops, updates and releases work instructions, workmanship standards, process documents, and visual aids.
- Trains operators on initial release of work instructions
- Assists production department in implementing efficient and ergonomically robust assembly processes
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control and capabilities
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations and or industry certifications and best practices
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work
- Performs job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 2 yearsâ€™ experience supporting opto-mechanical assembly operations
- Minimum of 2 yearsâ€™ experience and skill in trouble-shooting control system and networking issues (Hardware and Software)
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools and PLCs
- Familiarity with Industry standards UL and CE
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.