SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Connection Systems segment and will be located in Troy, MI USA.
This role's objective is to accelerate profitable growth and market share gain in the Electrical Centers Product Line, one of the most important in Aptiv Connection Systems.
Reporting into the Product Line Cluster Director for Electronics, the successful candidate will develop and lead the execution of a global growth/expansion strategy for the Electrical Centers product line across multiples customers and geographies.
Focusing on the Electrical Centers Product Line, this Global Product Line Director will develop and execute a strategy that will drive profitable growth and market share expansion in Asia, Europe and North America by focusing on the following activities:
- Document market intelligence data on Electrical Centers (EC). This includes market size, customer trends, technology trends and competitive position.
- Partner closely with Global Sales and Engineering teams to define customer technology roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- Lead specific product line expansion projects, including business case development and planning/execution of new product launches, until commercial conversion.
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities in the Electrical Centers product line.
- Establish measurable action plans for each of the growth opportunities that can be tracked until commercial conversion / financial impact.
- Set product specific cost models for current housing products & market driven target cost models for new products.
- Ensure adequate training of front and back end teams on current Electrical Centers portfolio and new Electrical Center products being introduced.
- Develop marketing material and support customer visits, trade shows and other marketing events for the EC product line.
- Actively participate and influence respective standards organizations in line with product growth strategy.
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, the position holder would also be the Electronics Product Cluster Representative for the North America (NA) region:
- Facilitate Requests for Quotes (RFQs) for the NA region in terms of Electronics Product Cluster.
- Ensure budget alignment of Electronics Product Cluster with the NA region.
- Global performance of the Electrical Centers Product Line: top line revenue, operating income, global growth.
- % annual revenue for new Electrical Center product sales.
- Flawless launch of new Electrical Centers products.
- Meeting or beating respective Electrical Centers Product Line budget targets.
Building Relationships and Using Influence:
- Collaborative and transparent.
- A role model for open communication and consistency in leadership style.
- Personal stature and reputation to ensure ready acceptance.
- Ability to work across all functions and levels of an organization.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- 5 Years of specific product experience (Electrical Centers, Body Control Modules, ECUs, Automotive Gateways, etc.) in a Global Automotive company (Tier 1 / 2) in a Commercial or Engineering capacity.
- Experience in Product Line Management and/or Business Development.
- 2-3 Years of international experience / holding a global role.
- Engineering or Commercial Formal Education (University Degree).
- High degree of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint proficiency.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- International background, having assumed roles with a multiple-country scope.
- Experience with multiple customers.
- Experience in consulting.
- Sales background.
- Qlik Sense and/or SalesForce.Com experience.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Connection Systems
This business segment provides technologies that serve as the nervous system of the vehicle, including the complete design, manufacture and assembly of the vehicle's connection systems.
This segment's products include a vast array of connection systems technologies for the vehicle, including: Housings; Terminals; MePa / Pin-headers; High Voltage Chargers and Interconnects; SRS, High Speed Data solutions; On-Glass connections; Electrical Centres; Media Modules and Wireless Charging products.
Our technology provides the critical signal distribution and computing power backbone that supports increased vehicle content and electrification, reduced emissions and higher fuel economy.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.