The Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining a good vendor/customers relationship by consistently exceeding customer specifications, throughout proper product development and supply in a world-class condition.All systems/criteria shall be developed, documented, and maintained to ensure consistent quality assurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure that continuous improvement is made in all Production Quality Deliverables
- Prepare PPAP packages for post- production submissions and approval by appropriate Customer personnel. Obtain approval of submission packages from the Senior MQE or Quality Manager prior to submission to the Customer.
- Ensure that Customer, internally identified, and supplier quality issues are resolved
- Perform gage studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity, and Stability) before a gage is approved for production use, or after a product change (when applicable).
- Update the Production Control Plan as required.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineer in updating the PFMEA as required.
- Develop appropriate inspection plans and containment plans.
- Utilize all Customer-specific systems
- Responsible to conduct capability studies and ensure that they are properly performed and documented for product changes affecting special characteristics, and that Customer and internal requirements are met (or a written Customer deviation is obtained).
- Support the continuous improvement of the Operation Description Sheets (ODS).
- Identify and utilize the appropriate statistical tools. Mentor team members on proper statistical application and techniques.
- Assess and approve post S.O.P. Supplier PPAPs.
- Develop and update Control Plan as required
- Responsible for writing and submitting 8-D's to the customer in a timely manner
- Visit the customer as needed
- Communicator between the customer and the Plant Initiates the Quality Alert when concerns arise and follow the alert until it is closed
- Confirm all customer return material analysis root causes and correct actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform job functions in accordance with set policies and procedures to ensure preservation of the Company Quality Policy.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Education / Experience / Skills
High School Education or Equivalent (GED) Bachelor's degree or equivalent Previous experience in a Quality role
This position reports directly to the Quality Manager
Specific education and training in Quality disciplines is required, including (minimum): IATF16949, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DOE, and SPC
Battle Creek Seating Component
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.