Be the first line of defense against weapons of mass destruction. You will be responsible for defending a nation against the biggest and most powerful threats that exist. You will be trained and trusted to handle defense measures, response operations, detection equipment and decontamination equipment.
- Maintain chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) equipment
- Conduct CBRN reconnaissance and surveillance
- Operate decontamination equipment in the event of a disaster
- Camouflage recon and surveillance equipment
To become a CBRN specialist, you will train for 10 weeks at Basic Training, where you will learn basic soldiering skills. After that, you will participate in 10 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Split between the classroom and the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of CBRN decontamination, defense, detection and monitoring equipment
- Preparation for CBRN defense actions/procedures
- Use of CBRN protective equipment
- Hazardous materials certification (at the awareness level)
- Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment