· Since we care for a vulnerable population, infection control is very important to us. We have safe procedures in place that go above and beyond most businesses. The health and safety of our residents and staff is a top priority
· We have flexible schedules and are willing to work with you.
Heritage Property Management, our current loyal employees, and especially our senior residents can not thank you enough for your help and compassion.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
? Fred Rogers
You will be assisting with:
- Cleaning resident apartments and common areas assigned, including:
· Washing windows
· Cleaning toilet
· Cleaning shower, sink, bathroom floor
· Emptying resident waste baskets
· Checking for accidental disposal of hearing aids/dentures/eye glasses/valuables
· Dusting all furniture, lamps, light fixtures, handrails, baseboards, etc
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms (common and resident apartment) including:
· Cleaning toilets, sinks, and floors
· Refilling paper towels and toilet tissue
· Replacing soap dispenser
Housekeepers and Laundry Assistants are selected on the basis of such factors as a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the frail, ability to read, write and carry out directions, and maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. Physical ability to lift, push and pull equipment (including mops and vacuum cleaners), and sufficient energy to perform all tasks assigned. Prefer experience in housekeeping and/or laundry service in hotel or health care setting. Experience with senior population helpful.
Scope and Purpose
To assure that all areas of the Assisted Living Residence are maintained in a clean and odor free condition; that all flat laundry (bed linens, towels and face cloths, table linen, napkins, etc.) are clean and sanitized, and properly folded and stored ready for use; that all personal laundry assigned is maintained in proper condition – treated for stains and spots, mended properly washed and dried (manufacture’s recommendations), folded or hung on hangers and returned to owner promptly. Ironing as required and directed by supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Follows operational policies and procedures of this living center, as well as complies with applicable state and local rules, regulations and laws.
· Heavy cleaning of all resident apartments as assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor. (Vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, windows and walls, etc.)
· Cleaning of all common areas, including dining rooms, and activity/Community Rooms
· Dusting all furniture, lamps/light fixtures, handrails, baseboards, etc.
· Cleans and sanitizes all bathrooms, refills paper towels, toilet tissue, and soap dispensers.
· Cleans windows and mirrors.
· Check furniture for debris, spots, nicks, etc., and repairs/remedies.
· Empties trash. Remove to dumpster(s), process recyclables.
· Identifies potential maintenance issues – completes work orders.
· Uses safe and proper techniques for chemical/cleaning solutions, as well as storage of products, tools, and carts.
· Collect soiled laundry from designated collection points.
· Sort laundry, inspect for spots, stains, tears, etc.
· Treat spots and stains, mend prior to washing.
· Launder in keeping with manufacturer’s directions.
· Fold or hang as directed by supervisor (in keeping with residents request).
· Iron as required.
· Return laundered items to proper resident.
· Other duties as assigned or as may be necessary to assure that the goals and objectives of this living center are fulfilled.
Job Type: Part-time