Due to internal promotion, Dematic is seeking an Accounting Manager, focused on Technical Accounting and Internal Control compliance for the North America region. This role will be responsible for leading the accounting team to ensure general accuracy of the balance sheet, as well as coordinating and reviewing month-end close activities. In addition, this role will have responsibility for regional compliance with internal control requirements, including coordinating annual testing, workflow updates, and communication with KION Group on results and remediation activities.
The successful candidate should demonstrate career progression with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience including team management and leadership. Future potential to develop into a Director level role and beyond is required. The candidate should also be comfortable communicating at an executive level, as well as taking a hands-on approach to their daily responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Accounting, with extensive exposure to the CFO and executives at KION Group.
* Lead month-end close activities, including journal entry and account reconciliation review
* Implement accounting policies/guidelines and process documentation
* Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to parent company
* Serve as primary point of contact with external auditor for quarterly reviews and annual IFRS audit
* Initiate, organize, and execute the annual conversion of IFRS financial statements to US GAAP
* Prepare and deliver quarterly balance sheet reviews to Regional CFO
* Lead annual KION Internal Control System (KICS) process; including monitoring of all processes, testing, and remediation activities
* Serve as primary contact with parent company internal audit team for all process related audits of the North America Region, proactively communicating with financial and operational teams on expectations and finding remediation
* Research and document technical accounting activities to ensure compliance with company policy, US GAAP, and IFRS
* Coordinate and execute annual tax projects, utilizing consultants and advisors, as necessary
* Lead and develop accounting staff, providing coaching and performance management
* Special projects as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity