- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Position Overview:Â Â
The Food Services Supervisor is responsible for the overall administration of the cafeteria to include nutritional menu planning, food inventory, sanitation compliance and all Department of Labor regulations as it relates to nutritional adequacy.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Effectively manage all aspects of operations of food services and the cafeteria and staff.
Possess the ability to competently select staff who are knowledgeable of all food preparation guidelines and practices.
Ensure staff members have adequate training to complete key areas of responsibilities. Cross-trains department employees. Ensures that departmental staff completes all DOL, Corporate and Center training as required.
Develops Others: delegates tasks or responsibilities for the purpose of developing othersâ€™ abilities, reassures and encourages performance improvement, provides timely coaching.
Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Food Services department.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with food preparation as needed.
- Develop staff work schedules that allow for effective operation of the department.
- Assure daily operation practices that aid in overall effective functionality of the cafeteria.
- Serves as lead for the Student Government Associationâ€™s Food Services Committee.
- Develops and monitors special food programs and coordinates with other center managers which includes but is not limited to working with Recreation and Health Wellness Managers on healthy lifestyles program (HEALS), providing dietary information, working with academics and career technical departments for applied academics as well as working with the Career Transitions
- Schedules staff meetings at regular intervals, ensures meeting minutes are accurate.
- Participates in CMT, ensures that all staff participate in Career Mentoring Team.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- Ensures equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Notifies the Center Director of repairs/costs above routine expenditures.
- Monitors budget for the Food Services department and maintains spending limits as applicable. Tracks spending of staff each month.
- Periodically audits staff time sheets to ensure compliance with corporate time keeping policy.
- Ensures accuracy and timely submission of all employee timesheets so as to remain in compliance with company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Broad knowledge of food services and two years of work related experience in addition to supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and utilize good judgment at all times.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound communication skills to include oral and written.
- Excellent project management skills
- CPR/First Aid certifications
- ServSafe Certified Instructor Certification.Â
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in related field.
- Restaurant Association affiliation.
- Job Location
- Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.