- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security. Exercises judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas.Â Safely maintains and qualifies with assigned weapon, maintains uniform and grooming standards IAW company policies, operates patrol vehicle in a safe mannerÂ
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Protecting Property from theft or damage
- Protecting persons from hazards or interference
- Serving a fixed post
- Foot Patrols
- Vehicle Patrols
- Parking Enforcement
- Escorting persons or property
- Required Skills
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- As required by Federal Contract, be at least 21 years of age
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Pass Background Investigation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must Possess a valid driverâ€™s license
- Ability to pass pre-employment and annual Physical Fitness Readiness Test.
Meet one of the following experience/education requirements for Security Officer
- Three (3) years security experience within past five (5) years,Â
- An Associateâ€™s degree, or at least 60-semester hours college credit in any field of study.
- Required Experience
- At least three years of relevant security guard experience.
General Knowledge of
- Access Control
- Visitor Processing
- Patrol and Response
- Control Center Operations
- Job Location
- Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.