SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety & User Experience segment.
This role reports to the System Engineering Manager, and will have the responsibility for identifying process gaps within the development of system requirements inclusive of system safety requirements. Individual will be responsible for developing and providing requisite hands-on training that will strengthen system engineering and functional safety execution. Individual will be a change agent for a culture shift toward safe product designs. Working with staff from Global System Engineering, Software, and Component Hardware teams, this role will assess gaps in DFMEA execution, alignment of System Safety requirements, and required documentation process. The individual will work with internal and external entities identifying necessary tools and training to perform DFMEA During program execution this role is expected to drive continuous risk assessments of key performance indicators for DFMEA completion.
- Identify gaps in DFMEA process connecting Systems, Sub-Systems, Software, and Components. Define process for connecting End to End DFMEA operational model.
- Work with System and System Safety team identifying alignment of System Requirements, Safety and DFMEA analysis.
- Identify internal check / audit process for DFMEA analysis. Assess the completeness and correctness as well as quality of DFEMA documents.
- Work with Pursuit team identifying DFMEA strategy for new programs.
- Lead and define process for managing system requirements - Specification template, Change Management, Training material and Timing plan.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- This position requires an individual with strong communication and problem solving skills.
- The candidate is expected to be well self-organized
- Ability to assess process gaps across projects and organizations.
- Experience as DFMEA expert required
- Experienced with System engineering principles and processes
- Provide leadership in identifying critical gaps in product development and system engineering processes
- Highly desirable to have competency in automotive active and passive safety systems.
- Must be pro-active and not one who waits on what to be told to do.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety & User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving, while acknowledging the growth in areas that enrich the in-vehicle experience.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.