Assists residents in daily living and health support in accordance with their individual program plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on care and assistance to residents, including but not limited to moving/lifting/transferring, bathing, personal hygiene and grooming, laundry and mealtime assistance. Inform Nurse/Manager of individual health care concerns or changes in resident's condition. Respond to call system promptly.
- Monitor residents' health according to service plan by passing medications, monitoring vital signs and blood sugar, administering insulin, and collecting specimens as needed. Advise families when medications are needed.
- Assist residents with activities in daily living, including but not limited to household tasks, communication skills, and activities in the community.
- Assist in development of individuals' social and recreational interests and skills through appropriate modeling and supportive and/or programmed activities.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Assist residents in maintaining a clean and tidy environment, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, and mopping resident rooms; cleaning, washing, sanitizing, and polishing bathroom fixtures; and mopping up spills as they occur in assigned areas. Evaluate resident rooms and public areas for safety and report concerns to housekeeper.
- Monitor and request orders for medical and office supplies.
- Assist with serving meals in dining room as needed.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Additional training or college courses in nursing or health care preferred.
- Experience as Resident Aide in an assisted living or nursing facility or Certified as a Nursing Assistant preferred.