Title: Counselor - PRN
Job Category: Professional: Clinical
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
Branding: Rehab Without Walls
About this Career Opportunity:
- Provides empirically based psychological interventions to the person receiving services and his/her family as appropriate for their specific needs in order to maximize and encourage their participation with the community at large. Interventions may include cognitive behavioral interventions, problem solving focused interventions, addressing adjustment processes and coping, psycho-education, stress management, wellness promotion, compensatory strategies, pain management, as-well-as programmatic outcomes.
- Performs brief assessments at various stages in the counseling process as appropriate.
- Provides feedback to the appropriate person served, family, and treatment team, with regards to behavioral, emotional, psychological, and cognitive rehabilitation issues, test results, and practical applications.
- Performs a thorough evaluation by assessing the needs of the person receiving services, and sets measurable objectives that are formulated in conjunction with the rehabilitation team and adjusts treatment to achieve maximum results.
- Responsible for applying professional knowledge and skills in accordance with the accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolutions, and thereby the achievement of individualized goals and outcomes for the person served.
- Provides treatment progress and status documentation in accordance with the Plan of Treatment and maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports progress to the rehabilitation staff, person receiving services and family members and observes/documents and reports changes in the condition of the person served to the clinical coordinator/designee, attending physician, and other treatment team members as appropriate.
- Participates in the team process, provides input and effective treatment strategies, attends case conference and family educational meetings and develops, teaches, and assesses the Plan of Treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's or doctoral degree in counseling or a counseling-related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience and counseling individuals
- Maintenance of professional license and/or certification as required by the state in which the counselor practices
- Successfully completes any/all required pre-employment evaluation test(s) per policy in each assigned area of practice.
This is a per diem position
Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Rehab Without Walls Services
Rehab Without Walls (RWW) NeuroSolutions started more than 30 years ago. RWW originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, RWW is still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But RWW is also connecting the neuro-rehab continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to groundbreaking home and community rehab.
RWW services start with the understanding of a patient's health, lifestyle and goals. RWW then assembles a team of neuro-trained therapists who work across therapy disciplines to create a truly personalized program that blends scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient's real-life activities. It's a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Saginaw, MI 48601 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (â€œResCareâ€), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.