Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for multi-craft maintenance activities required to ensure production and facility equipment operates reliably, efficiently and in compliance with company and government standards. 3-5 years prior Maintenance experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift, weekends, and OT as required. Starting pay is $25.61/hr plus shift premium.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as complying with all OSHA rules and regulations. (THINK SAFETY FIRST.)
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, attire, grooming and hygiene, etc.
- Participate as full-time AMD (Autonomous Manufacturing Development) Member
- Participate as CSD (Continuous Skills Development) Pillar Team Member
- Provide DDS (Daily Direct Setting) support
- Comply with plant LockOut/TagOut (LOTO) policy and implement the correct procedure for the LOTO of machines operated
- Keep working area clean at all times and in compliance with 5S requirements.
- Review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Report to assigned area, set-up production machinery and equipment per the production schedule.
- Monitor assigned line and troubleshoot production equipment, conveyors, lifts, switches, electric eyes, motors, etc. as needed.
- Replace, repair, adjust and modify electrical, mechanical or hydraulic, pneumatic equipment as needed.
- Requisition parts and supplies, perform routine welding, preventative maintenance tasks and other special projects as assigned.
- Perform general carpentry, plumbing, masonry and scheduled maintenance on the buildings, equipment and grounds as required.
- Build, replace, repair, paint, weld, modify, adjust, install and clean existing plumbing, masonry, equipment, doors, dry wall, windows, vents, drains, roofs, signs, flooring, loading docks, restrooms, etc. as needed.
- Assist all Trades with repairs, replacements, adjustments, modifications to equipment, machinery, wiring, piping etc. as directed.
- Perform end of shift duties which include: securing all equipment, performing general housekeeping duties and completing and maintaining work records on computerized maintenance system.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Disassemble machines and repair or replace broken parts.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and work orders to complete assigned duties.
- Clean and lubricate parts.
- Monitor facility work orders and preventative maintenance work orders.
- Assist with training and coaching of other mechanics.
- Recommend measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance while not jeopardizing quality of products.
- Interact with contractors and vendors.
- Inspect facility for unsafe equipment or working conditions and take action to immediately address them.
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled meetings.
- Perform security procedures such as approaching unauthorized personnel; preserve the confidentiality of company documents, report theft and vandalism, etc.
- Communicate important information to other team members and departments.
- Keep working area clean at all times.
- Prioritize/Plan Preventive Maintenance Schedule
- Perform break down tracking and analysis
- UPS Involvement
- Provide CPS Support
- Report out DDS board
- SAP / LEDS Analysis
- Other job duties assigned.
- Must possess 3-5 years Maintenance Experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing to enroll in Electrical Apprenticeship Program
- Must possess proficient math skills
- Must possess good presentation skills
- Must be computer literate
- Frequently moves equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to interact with others
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.