Industrial Sewing Job Summary:
We are hiring an Industrial Sewing position for an expanding manufacturer in the furniture industry located in Grand Rapids, MI. This position is for candidates with high-level experience in the furniture industrial sewing industry. This is an innovative and growing company and they are looking for talented individuals to invest in. If you have a passion for creating and are looking to join a great team, this is the position for you!
Industrial Sewing Responsibilities:
- Operating and monitor sewing machines to detect problems, such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunction.
- Mounting attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Adjusting the machine controls to regulate stitching speed and length, dimensions of gathers and tucks, and material or thread tension.
- Reading work orders.
- Planning material usage to minimize waste.
- Cutting stacks of upholstery material to specifications.
- Working from templates and patterns are additional responsibilities of this position.
Schedule & Pay:
- 1st shift; 7:00am-3:30pm for the winter and 6:00am - 2:30pm with OT as required
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time - Evaluation Hire