A shipping and receiving associate brings passion and expertise in distribution, forklift operation, or
picking and packing to the production floor. The shipping and receiving associate is responsible for
operating a Hi-Lo as a means of moving product in a safe and efficient manner. This position deals with
the stress of managing multiple tasks at once, and prioritizing tasks based on the situation at hand. They
may be asked to perform multiple roles depending on what is necessary on any given day. Their greatest
skill is having the ability to understand the safety/product/quality and relate this to the team. Our goal is
not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an
exceptional product at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare incoming outsourced and in-house finished parts for secondary operations.
• Prepares shippers for outgoing internal items.
• Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures.
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers, inserts items
into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and
corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routes incoming material to proper destination.
• Follow instructions given by supervisor quickly and efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Able to perform other shop duties required by the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with
internal and external customers and coworkers. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 1 year in a shop environment. Forklift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform heavy
physical activity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.