Looking for a Controls Engineer for a growing and expanding machine builder North East of Grand Rapids. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of PLC Programming experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Micrologix, Siemens and HMI's, but we will consider any level of Controls Engineering experience. This position will involve control systems integration of electrical systems for new hi-tech machines.
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Develop PLC and HMI software as per the requirements of the customer.
- Develop electrical controls by researching, analyzing, selecting and applying electrical controls concepts.
- Implement electrical controls design by providing installation, start-up and technical support.
Requirements of the Controls Engineer
- An Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience with HMI, CAD, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 and Siemens
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Some travel will be required (20%)
Compensation and Benefits for the Controls Engineer
- Salary: $70,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Very competitive hourly pay, 401k, medical insurance and room for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time