Looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to fill a direct hire opportunity in the Holland, MI area. Ideal candidates will have an engineering degree in Electrical Engineering with at least five years of PLC programming experience, but all levels of experience will be considered. Leadership, mentoring, coaching and project Engineering experience is desired.
Responsibilities of the Lead Controls Engineer
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineers.
- Mentor and coach junior level Controls Engineers.
- Design, program, troubleshoot and modify controls for new machines and retrofits with the latest controls technology.
- Program HMI’s, vision systems and some robotics.
- Program Allen Bradley RSLogix5000 and Siemens S7 Controls.
- Design electrical schematics and control panels using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Programming and integration of Fanuc, Motoman and ABB Roboitcs.
- Order appropriate components for projects.
- Assist in solving problems involving process and control systems.
- Run projects from concept through installation.
- Work along side with Controls Designers, Machine Designers and Project Managers to ensure projects are accurate and completed to expectations.
Requirements of the Lead Controls Engineer
- A Bachelor’s BSEE degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of PLC programming experience
- Robotic and vision system programming and integration is preferred
- Experience with conveyors and material handling systems is preferred
- Must be comfortable leading and mentoring a group of electrical engineers
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Able to learn quickly and to retain new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to travel 30%
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communications skills
- Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card
Compensation and Benefits for the Controls Engineer
- Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 / year
- 401k, medical, dental, life insurance, bonuses and much more.