Title: Music Therapist - PRN
Job Category: Professional: Clinical
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
Branding: Rehab Without Walls
About this Career Opportunity:
Plans, organizes, and directs medically prescribed therapeutic music interventions as part of cognitive and physical rehabilitation and treatment of patients to influence behavioral and psychological changes leading to restoration, maintenance, and improvement of health and increased comprehension of self, environment, and physical ability. Collaborates with other members of the rehabilitation team in planning therapeutic music interventions in accordance with patients physical or cognitive needs, capabilities, and interests. Works under minimum supervision.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Abides by and demonstrates the company's Mission, Vision, and Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Assesses needs and administers direct music therapy treatments in order to provide habilitative and rehabilitative services.
- Performs a thorough evaluation, assessing the needs of the person receiving services, and sets measurable objectives that are formulated in conjunction with the rehabilitation team.
- Plans and organizes music therapeutic activities in accordance with patients' needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Observes and evaluates patients' reactions to various experiences and prepares reports documenting therapeutic changes.
- As a member of the treatment team, participates in the formulation of interdisciplinary treatment plans.
- Provides training to the person receiving services, and as appropriate, all others involved in that person's rehabilitation. Analyzes and documents the result of any training.
- Adjusts treatment to achieve maximum results.
- Applies professional knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolutions, and thereby the achievement of individualized goals and outcomes for the person served.
- Reports progress to the rehabilitation staff, person receiving services, and family members.
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in the condition of the person served to the clinical coordinator/designee, attending physician, and other treatment team members as appropriate.
- Provides treatment progress and status documentation in accordance with the Plan of Treatment.
- Maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Attends case conference and family educational meetings.
- Develops, teaches, and assesses the plan of treatment.
- Guides the rehabilitation specialist in fulfillment of the plan.
- Uses appropriate methods and tools in all teaching and training activities, including those associated with discharge.
- Collects and documents items necessary for the organization to complete a thorough and effective program evaluation and program improvement.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interest of the person served.
- Adheres to and participates in Company's mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Attends, participates in, and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations.
- Maintains and enhances clinical practice skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned in response to the person serviced, office, and/or program needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy.
- Maintains a professional license as required by the state in which the therapist practices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of music therapy and music instruction methods.
- Knowledge of the various appropriate music therapy activities used for the therapeutic treatment of individuals with neurologic disorders.
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Able to function with minimal supervision.
- Has reliable transportation and is able to travel to/from multiple assignments/locations on a daily basis.
This is the a Per Diem position
Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Rehab Without Walls Services
Rehab Without Walls (RWW) NeuroSolutions started more than 30 years ago. RWW originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, RWW is still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But RWW is also connecting the neuro-rehab continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to groundbreaking home and community rehab.
RWW services start with the understanding of a patient's health, lifestyle and goals. RWW then assembles a team of neuro-trained therapists who work across therapy disciplines to create a truly personalized program that blends scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient's real-life activities. It's a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (â€œResCareâ€), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.