Versiti wasfounded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better servepatients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we'relooking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster adiverse environment that affirms each employee's dignity and worth, and weoffer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who providelifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
Watch to learn more about theposition at .
What you can expect in thisposition:
We train all of our phlebotomists in thetechniques that will help them advance their careers in health care, whileworking with a compassionate and mission-driven group of professionals.
To get you started on your journey with us,we begin with an eight-week training program. This includes four weeks ofclassroom training and four weeks of mentoring with an experienced, certifiedphlebotomist.
What you will do:
- Perform accurate medical interviewing
- Determine donor eligibility
- Perform venipunctures/draw blood
- Ensure donor and recipient safety
- Travel to companies, schools and organizations in the area for public blood drives
When you will work?
- To serve our community, you will work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
- The good news!!! Staff schedules are posted two to three weeks in advance!
What's in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood HealthInnovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand thefrontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, andservice.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Reliable transportation to and from work location
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with peers, donors and the general public
- A proven track record of customer service excellence and reliability
- Knowledge of standardized work routines and methods, general facts and information and/or the use of simple equipment, machines and materials. Knowledge is usually acquired through training on the job.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other department manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize work to provide productive work flow.
- Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to provide feedback to peers.
- Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, and HemaTerra.
- Personal Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet).
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Vehicle navigation system.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Screening equipment including:
- Sphygmomanometer (BP cuff)
- Temperature probe
- Hemoglobin analyzer
- Phlebotomy collection equipment including:
Physical Requirements and WorkingConditions
- Physical demands: Daily tasks include a mixture of standing, sitting, and walking. Hand-eye coordination with significant manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand motions. Reaching above the head and lifting up to 40-pound items occurs occasionally. Visual and hearing acuity to perform essential responsibilities. Looking at computer screens or small items is common.
- Mental demands: Requires ability to maintain a routine of intense concentration for long periods, as well as excellent cognitive, analytical, and memory ability.
- Environmental hazards: Frequent work with biohazardous material is completed in a donor center or mobile environment wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following internal policies, training, and OSHA standards. Moderate level of noise is present in the collection areas. Employee is frequently exposed to the public. Exposure to various temperatures will occur.
The hiring process willconsist of a phone and in-person interview, background checks and drug testscreening. Please apply if you are willing to participate in this process.
Equal OpportunityEmployer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individualswithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The description of this positionreflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to beall-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Dutiesand responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any timeand may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disabilityor for other reasons solely at management's discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.