Reporting to: Regional Service Manager
Last Updated: 3-3-20
Job description Summary
The service technician position is based out of Sterling Heights, MI. The focus of this position is the servicing of RoboVent equipment for clients with Preventative Maintenance Service Contracts as well as Service Calls.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Servicing Customer Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment
- Filter Changes
- Trouble Shooting
- Part Replacements
- Repairs as Needed
- Entering all applicable service information into RoboVent’s electronic reporting system
- Resolve technical and mechanical issues in the Service Region, working with the Account Manager to meet customer needs.
- Must be presentable and able to work directly with customers. Be the face of the company.
- 50% - 75% overnight travel as well as long daily commutes. All travel is company paid and a vehicle is provided.
- Responsible to clearly communicate all open issues with the management team to ensure issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for keeping detailed expense reports and timekeeping.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 years of HVAC and/or Electrical experience required
- Valid Driver’s License and Clear Driving Record
- Ability to work on ladders/man lifts
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Understand technical drawings and diagrams
- Ability to work quickly without supervision
- Ability to evaluate job related safety hazards
- Strong Communicator
- Ability to learn new products and processes
- Strong work ethic
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) / Definition of Success
- No complaints from customers relating to poor service
- Service completed on-time
- 100% Accurate entries made into the RoboVent electronic service tracking system
- Training compliance
RoboVent is the leading provider of ventilation systems for manufacturing that improve production quality and employee safety. Our systems and products can be found in manufacturing facilities engaged in metalworking and other process systems across the world.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
Mechanical: 2 years (Preferred)
Electrical: 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
United States (Required)
Paid time off