We are in search of a buyer responsible for procurement of materials and outside services in accordance with customer and government specifications used in the production of CNC machined parts. This position is involved in a high degree of internal collaboration and communication with engineering, sales, production, scheduling, accounting, quality and shipping.
- Purchase in compliance with specifications and contractual requirements.
- Quote, buy, and maintain services and supplies for (but not limited to):
- Steels, Aluminum, Stainless Steels, Plastic, etc.
- Heat Treat
- Various Coatings and Surface preparations (Anodize, Passivation, Prime/Paint, Nickel, Silver, Gold, Tin, etc.)
- Standard Hardware Components (Pins, Inserts, etc.)
- Maintenance, IT, Janitorial Supplies
- Prepare and issue purchase orders accurately reflecting all required specifications.
- Communicate status of material and service deliveries with internal customers.
- Input information into internal ERP systems.
- Maintain the vendor delivery schedule, expedite orders when required and assist Accounting when vendor issues arise.
- Preserving and developing new vendor relations.
- Monitor suppliers’ quality and delivery performance and maintain the approved supplier list.
- Build supplier relationships, monitor product flow and execute purchases at the most cost effective price.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiar with technical flow down requirements (Aerospace, Mil Specs, Q clauses, etc.)
- Experience with metals processing (materials, heat treat, coatings, etc.)
- Ability to search for the unfamiliar process vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and obtain buy-in with internal stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and data management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proactive time management and follow up skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter, excellent people and problem solving skills, strong task ownership and superior work ethic.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- A clear understanding of AS9100 and/or ISO9001:2008 Quality Management Systems and an awareness of ITAR Compliance is a plus, but not a requirement.
The Buyer reports to the Sales Manager.
-Full Time Employment with an Excellent Benefits Package
-Monday - Friday 6:00am - 4:30pm
-Lunch 12:00pm - 12:30pm
-Area Competitive Wage ($16-$21 per hour depending on experience).
Drug testing and background checks are required for employment.