Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
- You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
- You are called to help men, women, and children overcome homelessness.
- You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
- You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
- You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Director of Food Service - Full Time
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
- Provide daily janitorial service for common areas, art studio, restrooms, Provide trash removal and snow removal. Communicate all building needs to the Director.
- Assist with front desk duties, providing hospitality to all who visit, answering calls and providing information, maintaining cleanliness and organization, and sorting mail
- Ensure safe and comfortable space for neighbors to gather, prepare coffee, interact and share the compassion of Jesus
- Monitor behavior, utilizing de-escalation and trauma-informed care techniques
- Provide crisis management and sound judgement in the event of emergencies
- Coordinate and oversee relevant and enriching activities for neighbors, under the direction of Heartside Ministries Director
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to include volunteers in Activity Program and cleaning needs
Bring your strengths:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and 35 pounds regularly
- Able to perform physical labor, including bending, reaching, twisting, crouching, pulling