Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
- You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
- You are called to help men, women, and children overcome homelessness.
- You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
- You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
- You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
We are pleased to offer:
Mel Trotter offers a competitive benefits package consisting of many unique benefits not found elsewhere, along with the traditional benefits for full time staff of insurance, time off, disability, and retirement. Some examples of our unique benefits available on-site to all staff are:
- Free chiropractic services
- Free legal consultation
- Dental clinic serving those with and without insurance
- Certified counselor to assist with personal challenges
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
- Implement, monitor structure, schedule, and outcomes of the Outreach Program
- Ensure the program is effectively and safely seeking out unsheltered individuals experiencing homelessness in the greater downtown area of Grand Rapids
- Schedule routes, establish procedures and work with finance to maintain needed supplies for the outreach van.
- Ensure that all who are encountered experience respectful, compassionate interactions with our team and that they are provided food, beverage and clothing as needed, along with encouragement to consider sheltering with us
- Ensure that our team provides relevant information regarding available local services
· Schedule and provide training for staff, guests, and volunteers serving in outreach efforts
- Ensure appropriate waivers are signed by all staff, guests, and volunteers serving in outreach efforts
- Work closely with the VP of Outreach to establish and implement relevant goals
- Build relationships with local churches, schools, and businesses by interacting as an ambassador of MTM. Invite potential partners to our Meet the Mission Luncheon
- Provide all outcome data and reports to VP of Outreach
- Maintain accurate and timely records, and ensure the physical security and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports
- Attend and/or serve as our representative at pertinent meetings, as directed by VP of Outreach
- Any other job-duties as assigned by supervisor
Bring your strengths: (Job Requirements)
- Minimum two years’ experience working in proximity with similar population
- Trauma-informed care and de-escalation training preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License, Chauffer’s License preferred
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Ability to communicate our vision professionally and passionately
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects