Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
- You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
- You are called to help men, women, and children overcome homelessness.
- You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
- You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
- You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
We are pleased to offer:
Mel Trotter offers a competitive benefits package consisting of many unique benefits not found elsewhere, along with the traditional benefits for full time staff of insurance, time off, disability, and retirement. Some examples of our unique benefits available on-site to all staff are:
- Free chiropractic services
- Free legal consultation
- Dental clinic serving those with and without insurance
- Certified counselor to assist with personal challenges
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
- Community relationships:
- - Responsible for fostering additional community partnerships that align with meeting the goals of this program
- - Maintain productive and positive relationships with property managers, landlords, real estate professionals, building inspectors, and housing community partners
- Guest resident relationships:
- - Develop program fee agreements, collects payments, enforce terms of external housing program participation
- - Resolve guest complaints promptly
- - Maintain communication with case management professionals
- Facilities management:
- - Create and provide monthly financial spreadsheets
- - Maintain accurately updated records for all properties
- - Provide all needed documentation and reporting associated with real estate holdings and
- property management
- - Conduct or arrange all necessary inspections
- - Schedule preventive maintenance and repairs, negotiate contracts with vendors, regularly inspect properties to ensure excellent repair, quickly resolve emergency maintenance issues, and submit facilities work orders as needed to maintain homes to standard of excellent repair
Bring your strengths: (Job Requirements)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Real Estate License or Builders License
- Excellent knowledge of leasing regulations and building codes
- Five years in residential property management
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including business writing
- Strong interpersonal & business communication skills