The Corporate Counsel role: We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and proactive commercial lawyer. You will be an integral part of the Logicalis legal team and a trusted business partner. The primary job responsibility is to provide practical and innovative legal advice on a broad range of commercial and compliance matters to internal business clients. The Corporate Counsel provides day-to-day advice and guidance to help each business segment meet its objectives through a deep understanding of the business, knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to that business and experience with regulatory matters and contracting applicable to each segment's businesses.
About our Legal Team:
Members of the legal team at Logicalis advise upon legal matters arising within a sophisticated and competitive business context. The work of the legal team contributes to the success of Logicalis and the personal development of our legal team members. The legal team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. The collegial and collaborative work environment leads to rewarding professional relationships for team members. Legal team members handle, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously. This provides excellent opportunities to learn the many aspects of the business and a great opportunity to work on a wide breadth of interesting and challenging matters with other highly motivated professionals.
Minimum experience: A qualified lawyer licensed to practice in the United States with a minimum of 5 years' experience including 2 years at a recognized law firm. We will consider the applications of candidates without law firm experience but who have the relevant commercial and industry experience. Significant experience reviewing, drafting, managing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts in the technology sector with an emphasis on software licensing, hardware sales, professional and managed services and cloud service agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of complex commercial agreements with our channel partners & distributors involving the hardware sales, software licenses, professional and managed services, Cloud services and other digital offerings including MSAs, subcontractor agreements, OEM agreements, and referral and rebate agreements.
* Provide a broad array of legal advice to all business segments (Healthcare, Manufacturing, SLED (State, Local Governments, Education).
* Establish rapport and build positive, trusted working relationships with business unit management and coworkers at all levels to ensure collaboration on the proactive engagement.
* Ability to creatively and resourcefully problem-solve with a pragmatic orientation. Ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
* Prepares responses to significant solicitations or RFP's balancing risk and opportunity to support the business in winning deals.
* Provide interpretation of terms and conditions and make practical and pragmatic recommendations based on a risk analysis, ensuring adherence to company policies.
* Provide leadership and guidance to help the business unit meet its objectives through deep understanding of each business segment and the application of laws/regulations to those segments.
* Collaborate with and advise various internal clients and supporting departments, such as Finance and Human Resources.
* Demonstrate command of current and developing legal and regulatory developments impacting the segment businesses and provide practical training, communication, and advice to management and coworkers regarding such developments.
* Collaborate, support and lead various Legal Department initiatives either as a result of issues arising in the business or as a result of Legal Department objectives.
* Assists in due diligence and review of corporate transactions.
Other Skills and Abilities
* Highly independent and organized with ability to manage significant number of active matters simultaneously.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex legal concepts to non-lawyers and to interact with stakeholders of all levels, including senior management.
* The ability to motivate and interface with coworkers at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, emotional intelligence and credibility.
* Highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibilities
This job reports to the General Counsel and has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Juris Doctor Degree.
* Licensed to practice law and member in good standing of State Bar of state in which license is held.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.
LogicalisUS Full-Time Benefits Synopsis
Logicalis Social Responsibility
Logicalis International Mobility Program