TI Cybernetics® (HTI) is a full-service supplier of robust manufacturing solutions for industrial applications, delivering cost-effective quality solutions through the integration of people, technology and business systems.
Our diligent research, innovative development, and technical expertise allow us to continually improve our solutions and support our customers throughout the entire project lifecycle. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starting Controls Hardware Designer to support the Controls Engineering Department working on our GM Strategic Supplier Program.
- Design automation hardware circuits and put into Eplan on a daily basis.
- Diagram logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- Design and draft diagrams of cable connection for robots, robot end-of-arm tool, robot controller, and other machines.
- Confers with Electricians and Toolmakers to resolve problems regarding building of controls systems.
- Discusses projects with Manager and Manufacturing to review functions of machines and equipment.
- Reviews schematics with customer’s representatives to answer questions during installation of robot systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three plus (3+) years of hardware troubleshooting.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in E-plan design software and AutoCad.
- GM Safety Lock-Out / Tag-Out is preferred, but training is available for well qualified candidates.
- Experience working on Automotive Welding, Final Assembly or Robotic Work Cell lines is a strong advantage, however related automotive, heavy trucking and aerospace experience will also be considered.
- Ability to travel as needed is desired
Education and Experience
- Three plus (3+) years of electrical hardware engineering or design experience AND must hold GM Certification for GCCH-1 and Ethernet Networking. Candidates with three plus (3+) years relevant experience with GM Controls projects will be considered in lieu of GM certifications (GM certification courses are available for well qualified candidates).
- An Associates or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related subject is desired.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position