Weld & Dispense Engineer Position Includes:
Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) - Competitive Hourly Rate - PTO/Vacation Time - Paid Holidays - Direct Deposit - 401K plan - Overtime Eligible
Weld & Dispense Engineer Description:
As a Weld Dispensing Engineer - Intermediate for the OEM Manufacturing Engineering Body in White group, responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Weld & Dispense Engineer Requirements:
- Ensuring that line integrators and dispense equipment suppliers are delivering a product that meets the company’s dispensing equipment specs within the NAFTA region.
- Participate in throughput analysis and processes.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Material Suppliers, Equipment Suppliers, Equipment Integrators, etc.
- Enable team to meet vehicle timeline deliverables on time with quality.
- Manage tracking documents to meet program timing requirements.
- Support problem resolution between Product Eng, Manufacturing Eng, and Plant Manufacturing Operations.
- Ensure product conformance to design.
- Onsite support during execution and launch phases of the program.
- Provide feedback to ME Body In White Management on Dispense system.
- Support in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor Dispense equipment.
- Coordinate business process and re-engineering projects.
- Report-out ,as needed, on status of systems at operating unit(s).
- Optimize operating unit(s) on Dispense system to improve productivity, cost and quality.
- Work with other engineers, skilled trades and managers to accomplish cross-functional projects, provide project cost and timing estimates, and support plant product program launches.
- Deep understanding of all body shop Dispense technologies and applications.
- Implement common Dispense and inspection systems.
- Develop and support common Dispense Technology standards.
- Provide technical direction to suppliers and internal plant teams.
- Conduct Dispense equipment buyoffs.
- Bachelor degree in a technical/engineering discipline and 2 years’ of Dispensing related experience or min of 5 years’ Dispensing related experience.
- Body shop launch and plant experience.
- Knowledge of Safe Operating Procedures within an manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional cross-functional communication skills of complex issues to enable world class execution of vehicle designs and manufacturing processes.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated people leader skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to manage a multitude of assignments with high levels of composure and effective implementation.
- Thorough understanding of body shop processes.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to create & execute a well-organized validation project where standardized work is not available.
- Knowledge of adhesive and sealer procedures, weld/dispense documentation and build shop support
- Knowledge of Tooling and Equipment Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems used in Dispense systems.
- 2+ years in the dispensing industry (Automotive experience a plus).
- Have technical dispensing background ( Such as Application Engineering, Sales, Service engineering or Lab Experience).
- Will be required to drive a company vehicle. Valid drivers license is required, along with a clean driving record.