The Advanced Emissions System Engineer will be responsible for developing emissions systems to meet future emissions standards (e.g. TIER3, California LEV III, EURO6C, etc.) for future powertrain applications. Development activities will focus on emissions system technologies including engine hardware, exhaust sensors, control strategies, calibration, and the integration of these technologies into the powertrain system.
The Advanced Emissions System Engineer will demonstrate proof-of-concept solutions to prove Powertrain functional objectives are satisfied. Projects will utilize engine, powertrain, vehicle chassis dynamometers and/or simulation/modeling to make physics-based decisions.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent Engineering degree from an accredited university
• Minimum of 5 years of accumulated powertrain engineering experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in emissions system development or powertrain controls
• Prior experience with hardware, controls, or calibration development in the following areas; direct injection spark ignition engines, powertrain systems, OBD, emissions systems, and virtual analysis
• Data acquisition experience collecting and processing data
• MATLAB / SIMULINK experience
• Working knowledge of engine analysis and calibration tools, emissions regulations, engine technologies and competitive products
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish tasks under minimal supervision
• Master’s / Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Automotive Engineering from an accredited university
• In-depth knowledge of catalyst technologies as it relates to TWC, GPF, HC Traps, EHCs, etc.
• Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) proactive engineering methods
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.