SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grandville.
A day in the life of a Guest Care Associate is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to be responsible for providing outstanding customer service in person or by telephone; answering incoming calls for the retail store and directs incoming calls to the appropriate department and assist with guest questions in store. Also responsible for operating cash register and/or assisting guests with self-checkouts.
What You’ll Do:
* Perform/process guest services such as credits, over-rings, refunds, lottery ticket sales, money orders/transfers (West Union), media related purchases, etc.
* Assist Guest with self-checkouts; handles a variety of products which may include dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry, fish, beef and pork products.
* Process financial transactions including, but not limited to; cash, checks, credit cards, food stamps, WIC, loyalty cards, gift certificates, rain checks, voids, and coupons; and bag customer purchases.
* Comply with company policies regarding security, cash handling/cash drawer accounting procedures, product handling (i.e., damaged/spoiled products), the sale of alcohol and tobacco products etc.
* Communicate the company programs (i.e. loyalty program, scans, etc.), in store specials and coupons to customers, and models’ high standards of service to achieve a customer-oriented store.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
* Good verbal and communication skills
* Ability to interact politely and effectively with customers
* Organizational skills
* Good reading and writing skill
* High School Diploma (Preferred) or Equivalent (GED)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.