FANUC Robotics America is the leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing innovative robots and robotic systems that impact business performance for global customers. FANUC Robotics is currently searching for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our team. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, debug and deliver electrical controls hardware and software solutions for customers of the ROBODRILL Group
- Work as an integral part of an execution team and assume lead responsibility for project controls from start to finish.
- Supervise/mentor other controls engineers.
- Support sales and quoting efforts as required.
- Write controls specifications defining the scope of controls and I/O requirements.
- Review and approve electrical designs.
- Write and debug simple FANUC CNC application programs.
- Write and debug FANUC PMC control programs.
- Ability to write and debug other PLC hardware control programs. Siemens and Rockwell preferred.
- Write operator manuals.
- Support hardware and software integration on FRA’s floor.
- Support field installations.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical or mechanical engineering discipline or the equivalent relevant experience.
- Eight years designing, wiring and troubleshooting experience. PLC or ladder programming experience. FANUC PMC preferred.
- Ability to comprehend electrical drawings.
- Able to read mechanical part drawings and determine CNC programming requirements is a plus.
- CNC programming experience.
- FAPT Ladder PMC programming experience.
We offer outstanding professional opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply for this position please visit our website at:
FANUC Robotics America Corporation
3900 W. Hamlin Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
An Equal Opportunity Employer