For 8 Hours a Week Part-Time (or as many hours as you want),
Get Paid to take Chrysler Certified Technician Training at Bill Marsh
Are you getting paid a good wage but the work you do is either monotonous or lacks soul? Consider the automotive industry as a career change! We produce beautiful, high-performing rugged products that customer are passionate about as much as we are. We call ourselves Car Guys and we'd like you to join our club.
Here's the program:
We propose that you come in and talk with us about working at our Chrysler facility in Traverse City for at least two hours each day for a minimum of 8 hours per week all while you KEEP YOUR CURRENT JOB. You can actually work as many hours as you'd like! We will enroll you in the Chrysler Academy program and coach you through the process of becoming a technician. That process involves a combination of computer-learning and hands-training-experience.
Could be one week computer training and the next week oil changes, tires, brakes, bulbs. Could be one week express lane and the next training. A combination of the two in any case so that while you are learning your new craft, you are also getting to know the people and how the automotive business works. It's 2nd nature for us to want to help you succeed in your new endeavor! All you need is to bring your drive and determination.
In addition to doing something you have a passion for, fixing cars, below is a complete description of the different types of wages for any given technician level on up to $85,000+ as a master technician. As a master technician, you will have honed your skills so that you not only fix cars right, but you can do-so at a good pace. All of that takes practice and do we have a lot of practice for you!
State of Michigan Certified
, Specialty or Master Technician
As a specialty or master certified technician in the State of Michigan, you will work under your own state mechanics license number and complete diagnosis and repairs in all of the categories you are certified in. You’ll continue your training path at the Bill Marsh Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram store you work to get to or maintain a 100% level with yearly update training classes. In this level you may be selected to train in hybrid or advanced vehicle technologies. Your earning potential increases as your skills, training and certification advances.
General Technician $36,000-$45,000
Specialty Technician $45,000-$65,000
Master Technician $65,000-$85,000 +
, Pay range $24,000-$36,000+, You’ll typically spend 9 to 24 months in the level.
As an apprentice technician, you’ll be paired up with one of our most experienced technicians to learn and grow under their guidance. You’ll work to obtain all 8 State of Michigan technician certifications and or ASE certifications to become master certified. You’ll continue your Chrysler training and follow a training path set up between you and the service manager. You’ll continue to perform the services listed in the oil express and express technician section plus much more in alignment with your certification and training levels achieved.
Express/Quick Service Technician
, Pay Range $12-$15 per clock hour, You’ll typically spend 6 to 18 months+ in this level.
As an express technician you can expect to expand your knowledge of vehicle maintenance and express services. Services include: everything performed as an oil express technician as well as tire changes and repair, fluid exchange services, belts, and batteries. You’ll get exposure to the manufacturer’s website, perform multipoint vehicle inspections and complete the proper paperwork that’s given to customers. You’ll begin training on fundamentals and safety, and perform certain recall and software update services as well as basic services that typically take an hour or less. You’ll need to obtain a State of Michigan technician trainee permit if not already certified and complete the brake and steering & suspension certifications.
Oil Express Technician
, Pay range $11-$13 per clock hour, You’ll typically spend 6-12 months+ in this level.
As an oil express technician you can expect to learn how to properly perform oil changes and basic maintenance on light duty cars and trucks. Services include: Oil changes and fluid checks, servicing air and cabin filters, wiper blades and light bulbs. You’ll learn the procedures for undercar maintenance, under hood maintenance and will interact with customers to educate them on the condition of their vehicle and the maintenance services performed while they’re here as well as any services that are coming due in the future.
In addition to the car thing, how about working for one of the largest employers in the area with the resources to offer a real-deal benefits package! It is our relationship with Fiat Chrysler Corporation that makes all of this possible.
Benefits to working at Bill Marsh Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram as a full-time Automotive Technician
- 6 Paid Holidays and 1 paid birthday floating holiday
- 40 hours of paid time off (PTO) at 90 days
- Robust Paid Time Off Schedule
- 40 hours at 90 days
- 80 hours at 1 year
- 120 hours at 5 years
- 160 hours at 10 years
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $1,500 if your referral is hired into the Bill Marsh Auto Group
- Paid Chrysler training including expenses and being paid while away. Possible tool re-imbursement incentive
- Corporate culture training
- Amazing annual Christmas party
- Purchase new vehicles at invoice pricing. Used vehicles at $100 over cost.
- Parts and service labor at a reduced rate
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance policies.
- 401k with company match after 90 days of employment
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance that begins at 90 days of employment
- Awesome company culture operating with high levels of integrity, honesty and ethics.
- The people at Bill Marsh matter at Bill Marsh, therefore, Bill Marsh leadership recognizes and supports that life should be a balance between work and family.
What happens during the Chrysler part-time training employment hiring process
- Online job application, resume submission, predictive index assessment
- Interview with the General Service Manager and the Chrysler Service Manager
- Driver’s license check
- Formal Job Offer
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- On Day1, a new part-time training Chrysler technician reports to the Human Resources office to complete necessary New-Hire documents including Direct Deposit, W4, I9, etc.
- On Day2, a new part-time training Chrysler technician will report to the Chrysler Service Manager.
- The Chrysler Service manager will show the facility and provide introductions.