Weingartz, an industry leader in the sales and service of outdoor power equipment, is looking to add a top Service Assistant to improve our business. We are a family-owned, values-based business that has built an incredibly loyal customer following through our employees’ ability to demonstrate our values on a regular basis. Service to Others, Honesty, Industriousness, Continuous Improvement, Expertise, and Dependability are core values that we live by and that everyone at Weingartz strives to model every day. We also let these values shine through with our work in our communities. In addition to an excellent 74-year reputation for customer service, we also are known for our commitment to our communities and to those who need a helping hand. In fact, our Core Purpose ends with our promise to “provide financial assistance to those who would otherwise go without, either materially or spiritually.” Those values extend to the way that employees are treated. We are proud to say that we have many employees that have been with us for over 20 years. Our leadership team is stable and growing and we work consistently to provide an environment conducive to the success and growth of our employees, both as part of our team and as individuals. Our tremendous and continued growth is a testament to our pledge to our values and the outstanding commitment of our team of employees.
Weingartz, Livonia is looking for a Service Assistant to assist the Service Technicians by staging work areas, following up on service orders, helping to load and unload equipment from customer's vehicles and other various porter duties.
Service Assistants will:
- Stage equipment for service techs throughout the day.
- Prepare the triage process for both morning and afternoon
- Check equipment in and tag with red ribbon.
- Unload and load equipment that customers are dropping off for repairs or picking up.
- Keep staging areas for equipment organized
- Thoroughly clean equipment prior to it entering service department (This can happen at the red or blue stage)
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.*
- Service/repair experience
- Hi-Lo operator experience
- Must continually be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to 70 lbs.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight, arrest record or any other protected status in the hiring, payment, discipline or promotion of employees.
Please Visit our Websites: www.weingartz.com -- www.wandpmanagement.com
Job Type: part-time/ full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour