BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Senior Associate, International Customs and International Trade is responsible for utilizing basic research skills and applying their educational background to identify potential trade issues and opportunities. This role provides advice to clients in a variety of industries on import and export matters.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field, required
- Juris Doctorate degree, LLM, and/or MBA, preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the field of import/export trade consulting as a customs attorney, customs broker, industry trade specialist, US Customs auditor or import specialist, required
- CPA certification, Attorney (admitted to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction), Internal Revenue Service Enrolled Agent ( EA ) or licensed customs broker (or the equivalent of one of these designations), preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Experience utilizing RIA, BNA, Lexis Nexis, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and basic legal and tax research skills including building models and analysis of financial and numerical data
- Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment
- Capable of effectively managing a team of tax professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
- Basic understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation and law
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Employer's Job# 16751BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.