SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grand Haven.
A day in the life of Bakery Production is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to bake, fry, package, display and stock bakery products.
What You’ll Do:
* Baking and frying duties determined by production schedule - 80% of time.
* Price, date, wrap and/or bag bakery products.
* Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and displays.
* Notify the Bakery Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
* Assist in receiving, unloading and stocking of merchandise.
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
* High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED
* One (1) year of retail or related experience preferred
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
* Basic mathematical skills
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.