ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Maintenance General - Flex, you'll perform routine repairs, cleaning, and/or preventive maintenance on building systems and production tools/equipment under general supervision. You'll also provide assistance to Journeymen as requested. In conducting your work activities, you'll interact with Production and non-Production team members, as well as contractors and suppliers.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Adhere to and actively support all department, Corporate Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Corporate Safety policies and programs
* Assist in the repair, rebuild, or relocation/installation of equipment and/or systems.
* Perform basic fabrication in support of building system and Production equipment.
* Perform preventive maintenance, including inspecting, cleaning, and performing basic routine maintenance of building systems, material handling systems, and Production equipment.
* Repair the Department's equipment/tools and report any deficiencies to the Work Team Leader.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who were looking for if you have...
* A high school diploma or equivalent (example: GED) or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
* A valid driver license.
* A Herman Miller Inc., fork lift, aerial lift, personnel carrier, and other equipment license as required, or the ability to obtain a license.
* The ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal.
* The ability to read operation/repair manuals as related to this position.
* A familiarity with and fluency in the safe operation of small power hand tools.
* The ability to learn to operate Production equipment as part of performing preventative maintenance.
* Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
* Availability for regular scheduled weekend duty or call-in.
* A willingness to help others and an eagerness to learn.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
Employer's Job# 21115
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.