Technician performs routine testing, follows defined standard operating procedures and detailed instructions under direction of a Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. Sets up and executes tests, monitors and documents test results, reports results to Engineers. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Performs routine tests to confirm if the product (part or set of components) performs their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner. Depending on Laboratory, assembles and runs test circuits, or reviews parts and performs applicable tests: calibration testing, or catalyst, or durability, or vibrations, or thermal, or noise level, or emissions, or pressure testing, or other as required.
* May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
* Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation and controls.
* May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to analysis.
* Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
* Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and protocols.
* Fo llows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the Supervisor.
* Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as assigned.
* Maintains a clean working environment.
* Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory Test Technician Training Plan for Level 1.
* Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory
* Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field
* Experience in Testing Laboratory
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), or Certified Electrician, or certification by Testing Technician Certification Institute preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
* Language Skills: English Intermediate level required
* Mathematical Skills: Basic skills required
* Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required, uses logical and practical approach to solving problems
* Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel) - intermediate user proficiency required
* Understanding of equipment startup and shutdown procedures
* Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
* Ability to understand engineering concepts and create setups for practical application to work on test equipment
* Acute attention to detail with a focus on improvement
* Ability to follow instructions, working in a dynamic environment and performing at a high level
* Ability to work independently and under direct supervision
* Team player attitude
Travels up to 5% of time. Local day travel between US Transportation Laboratories may be required.
* This job is in a hardware testing environment
* Use of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in all work areas
* This job operates or is near the following equipment: Electro Dynamic shakers, high pressure hydraulics (3000) psi; hot gas generators; MTS flex, MTS 407 controllers, Vibration Research controls, National Instruments NI programming LVDT, Load Cells, Accelerometers, strain gage data, LVDTs