SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for daily test related activities pertaining to hydraulic, environmental, electro-dynamic, pneumatic and burner based testing. The engineer will act as a liaison between the customer and the laboratory to insure test specifications are completed properly and in a timely manner.
The project engineer will work closely with the customers, as well as sales and operation teams, to fully understand testing needs and be responsible for all aspects of testing activities, including, but not limited to:
* Develop accurate quotation with sales team. Support team with technical detail to help understand project scope.
* Work with fabrication team to develop necessary fixtures to support tests.
* Become competent in testing systems using hydraulic, pneumatic, electo-dynamic, burner and environmental systems.
* Lead test planning, execution, data analysis and report delivery (required to work closely with operations/technicians).
* Clearly communicate with operations/technicians project requirements and timing.
* Support the test cell automation testing including calibration, data acquisition and equipment programming.
* Directly interact with cust omers to provide best-in-class service.
* Accountable for meeting test and development project objectives.
* Works with the test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment in timely manner.
* Oversee job management database to verify completed tests are invoiced correctly.
* Work with operations to develop and improve test procedures.
* Support the quality team and follow the Quality Management System (QMS).
* Identify potential quality issues and risk factors.
* Ensure best engineering practices are followed.
* Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes.
* Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness.
* Represents the company at meetings with customers and suppliers.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, preferably Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Hands on engineer, enjoys getting equipment operational.
* Previous experience in using hydraulic, pneumatic, electo-dynamic, burner and environmental systems is a plus.
* Specific knowledge of relevant ISO requirements is a plus.
* Strong and sound technical ability, particularly related to hardware testing.
* Must be able to communicate well with customers (sometimes demanding) on a technical and personal level.
* Language Skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
* Mathematical Skills: ability to calculate/comprehend basic calcula tions pertaining to displacement, load, flow and acceleration.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Able to work in a varied, fast paced environment.
* Willing to travel occasionally to client, supplier, or other sites.
* A team player willing to teach and to learn from others.
* Able to work independently and efficiently to meet team deadlines and goals, while appropriately raising issues as necessary.
* Able to promptly respond to support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
* Excellent with communications (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, disability, age, marita l status, citizen status, orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel action.