SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for hardware & test development activities.
* The Engineer works with test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment.
* The Engineer working with operations seeks to develop common operational tasks, develops and improves test procedures.
* Direct all aspects of burner/electrodynamic shaker testing projects
* Leads data quality checking and data delivery
* Perform data analysis and interpret results to help guide experiments
* Diagnoses and resolves test cell equipment problems in a timely manner
* Clearly communicates with Technicians the project requirements and timing
* Work with customers to define test requirements and develop test plans
* Be accountable for meeting test and development project objectives and meeting quality objectives.
* Work with Technicians to conduct tests and maintain test cell operation closely following the defined process.
* Configure the test cell automation system for testing, including channel set-up, calibration, programming of test sequences, and set-up of measurement instruments
* Coordinate with Operations to ensure combustion air, engine cooling, fueling, electrical, and emissions sampling subsystems are adequate for each project
* Ensure best engineering practices are followed
* Update internal procedures and develop new procedures as required
* Quality check all test cell configurations, programming, and test data
* Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes. Develop and carry out tasks to continuously improve the safety of the operation.
* Reviews requirements and specifications from users, managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
* Reviews and understands the governing requirements and specification from ISO, SAE, US EPA, state government, UL, ETL, or other agencies and organizations.
* Id entifies potential quality issues and risk factors.
* Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness, and advocating for appropriate improvement actions with senior management.
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, one of the ten businesses in the US, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
* BA/BS degree and/or technical experience equivalence.
* Minimum 4-5 years experience working within the field of Quality at various levels.
* A variety of experience in more than one field, i.e., automotive, testing, validation, machining and electronics or aerospace, medical, etc.
* Ability to teach and train quality tools, hands on experience in all areas of QA and QC
* Detailed oriented and strong inspection/observation skills
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (accredited school)
* Hands on engineer, enjoys getting equipment operational.
* 3 years of relevant professional experience, in engineering assignments.
* OEM experience in engineering / validation.
* Specific knowledge of relevant ISO, SAE, US EPA, BAR, UL, or ETL requirements also a plus.
* Strong and sound technical ability, particularly related to hardware testing.
* Solid understanding of quality assurance processes (requirements analysis, root cause analysis, structured testing, test planning and execution, test documentation, troubleshooting, defect tracking, etc.).
* Language Skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
* Mathematical Skills: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as mean, median, mode, standard deviation, sum, cross tabulations, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Able to work in a varied, fast paced environment.
* Willing to travel occasionally to client, supplier, or other sites.
* A team player willing to teach and to learn from others.
* Able to work independently and efficiently to meet team deadlines and goals, while appropriately raising issues to management.
* Able to promptly respond to support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, , protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for as sistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics."
"This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel action.