Are you interested in sharing your cloud domain expertise and spreading your passion for these technologies with other technology enthusiasts? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification is looking for cloud technologists with a desire to build engaging technical training on AWS services, as a Cloud Technologist (Technical Curriculum Developer).
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training to help build their technical skills and develop proficiency with AWS. AWS Training & Certification is developing highly technical instructor-led courses with hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn as you develop training, and to teach and play at the same time!
Our Technical Curriculum Developers will have excellent writing skills, healthy technical domain expertise, and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand learning. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have training or technical documentation experience, and above all, a passion for learning.
**This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
Responsibilities (What's cool about this job?):
* You get to play! Dive into AWS technologies and solutions, covering domains such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies and other solution areas, to understand the services and develop effective training for our AWS customers.
* You get to work across AWS teams! Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training.
* You get to make things happen! Whether you're building relationships with service teams to shape content, or facilitating requirements gathering sessions to define innovations on how training is absorbed, you'll be a key influencer on how AWS educates customers on services and features.
* 5+ yrs. experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical content
* 5+ yrs. domain expertise in one or more of the following: Big Data, DevOps, Security, Systems Administration, software development, cloud technology
* Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required
* Some travel required, primarily for event support (10-25%)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Orientation / Age